Antique jewelry for the modern woman
victorian ruby, enamel, and 14k gold checkerboard locket
A gorgeous and unusual locket to keep your loved ones close to your heart. Special in its shape, this rectangular locket was made during the Victorian era, circa 1880s-1900. The front features eight antique cut rubies, all approximately 2.5 mm to 2.75 mm, surrounded by hand engraved star-cut settings. Alternating in pattern are black enamel squares that make a striking combination. The 14 karat yellow gold has beautiful patina throughout the gold.
Substantial in size, it's extremely well made. It opens to hold two photos of your choice. A gorgeous and unique piece to treasure.
The locket hangs on a vintage 14k yellow gold 17-inch rope chain. If you would like to purchase with piece without the chain or on a different chain, use the Inquire about this item box above.
- Style number: R1351
- Victorian, circa 1880s-1900
- 14k yellow gold and enamel
- 8 rubies measuring 2.5 mm to 2.75 mm (approx)
- Height 1.43" with bale, width 0.87", depth 0.25"
- Holds 2 photos 1" tall x 0.8" wide
- Hangs on a vintage 17" 14k yellow gold chain
- Marked "14K"
- Great antique condition- the locket has a few very small dents on the reverse consistent with age and wear.
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request.
Please use the “Inquire About This Item” box above and let us know what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.