Impeccably sourced, rare vintage jewelry
italian ruby and 18k gold snake ring
A beautiful Italian snake ring made during the late 20th century. Done in rich 18 karat yellow gold, a snake works its way down the finger with smooth, slithery movement. The body has textured detailing throughout and ends with two ruby eyes and a larger ruby set in the snakes head for an eye-catching pop of color.
Snakes have a long and rich history in jewelry dating back to Ancient Greece and Rome, where snakes symbolized wisdom. The Victorians often used snakes to symbolize everlasting love, with a coiled snake in particular representing eternity.
Measuring 0.84 inches tall, this gorgeous snake ring is the perfect statement piece. Its intricate, sculptural shape makes it a unique addition to your jewelry collection, filled with symbolism and style.
- Style Number: R5048
- Vintage, circa late 20th century
- 18k yellow gold with textured finish
- 3 rubies ranging from 1.7 mm - 4 mm round
- Height of front face of ring 0.84", depth of ring as it sits off finger 8.6 mm, width of entire ring 0.82"
- Band width tapers from 3.6 mm to 3.1 mm
- Marked "Italy 18K 237A"
- Size 7, Fox & Bond can resize this ring up to a size 10 and down to a size 5
- Great vintage condition- normal wear consistent with age and use. The inside of the ring shows patina and darkened gold spots.
For all Fox & Bond ring resizing, we use a trusted jeweler who is an expert in antique jewelry. Resizing takes approximately 2-3 weeks, and prices vary depending on the metal, complexity, and size needed.
Please note rings that have been resized are not eligible for return or exchange as we believe in preserving each piece's integrity. You may send a ring back to us for resizing at a later date if you would like to keep the option of making a return available to you. See our FAQs section for more information.
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request. Use the “Inquire About This Item” box and tell us what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.