Impeccably sourced, rare vintage jewelry
retro diamond, ruby, sapphire 14k gold and platinum ring
Red, white, and blue never looked as good as it does on this awesome retro ring!
From circa 1930s-early 1940s, this 14 karat yellow gold and platinum ring is sculptural and chunky in design to deliver a big look! It features 4 square cut rubies, 5 diamonds (a mix of Old European cut and transitional cut diamonds) and 4 square cut synthetic sapphires set side by side in a row and staggered vertically.
It looks amazing worn solo as pinky ring, definitely holding its own, but you know us, we love to see rings stacked sky high!
- Style number: R266
- Vintage circa 1930s-early 1940s
- Platinum and 14k yellow gold
- 5 diamonds- 2 Old European Cut diamonds and 3 round transitional cut diamonds, each 0.05 carats (approx)
- Total diamond weight approximately 0.25 carats
- 4 square cut natural rubies and 4 square cut synthetic sapphires
- Depth of ring as it sits off finger 0.21", width 0.41"
- Band width tapers from 2.8 mm to 2.3 mm
- Size 4, Fox & Bond can resize this ring up to a size 7.5 and down to a size 3.5
- Great vintage condition- wear consistent with age and use. One of the sapphires and one of the rubies has small chip visible with a microscope; however, we feel it doesn't detract from the overall beauty or durability of the piece.
Currently a size 4, this ring can be sized up to a size 7.5 and down to a size 3.5.
For all Fox & Bond ring resizing, we use a trusted jeweler who is an expert in antique jewelry. Resizing takes approximately 2-3 weeks and, prices vary depending on the metal, complexity, and size needed.
Please note rings that have been resized are final sale and are not eligible for return as we believe in preserving each piece's integrity. You may send a ring back to us for resizing at a later date if you would like to keep the option of making a return available to you. Please see our FAQs section for more information.
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request. Please use the “Inquire About This Item” box and let us know what you would like to see.
*About synthetic sapphires: synthetic sapphires are sapphires that are made in a laboratory and share all of the same chemical, optical, and physical properties of natural sapphires. The main difference between the two being that natural sapphires are organically found in nature and synthetic ones are human-made. Since first being patented in 1911, synthetic sapphires in jewelry became common practice starting in the Art Deco era and are still often used in jewelry made today. A synthetic gemstone is not the same as an imitation stone, which can be any synthetic material used to imitate a more valuable stone. Imitation stones are merely meant to appear like a gemstone. They can consist of anything from glass, to plastic, to doublets (aka “posers” ). Synthetics gemstones hold the same properties of its natural counterpart with the exception of being man-made instead of naturally formed.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.