Antique jewelry for the modern world
1950s marquise diamond and platinum ring
This vintage platinum marquise diamond ring from circa 1950s is striking and elegant. The diamond half-band is comprised of nine marquise diamonds, which total approximately 2.38 carats in total diamond weight. Five marquises are set vertically with the center three diamonds each about 0.50 carats with two diamonds on the end each about 0.30 carats. The four marquise diamonds (two on each side) are set horizontally at an angle, adding a dynamic contrast.
The ring sits close off the finger for a comfortable, easy fit. This ring would make a unique engagement ring, wedding band, and a right-hand ring.
- Style number: R2255
- Vintage, circa 1950s
- 9 marquise diamonds total: 3 larger marquises 0.50 carats each, 2 marquises 0.30 carats, 4 marquise side diamonds each 0.07 carats (approx.)
- Total diamond weight approximately 2.38 carats
- Diamonds range H-I in color and VS-SI in clarity
- Height of front face of ring 0.38", depth of ring as it sits off finger 3.7 mm
- Band width tapers from 2.7 mm- 2.1 mm
- Size 5.5, Fox & Bond can resize this ring up to a size 10
- Great vintage condition- wear consistent with age and use. One of the small side marquise diamonds has a small chip that can be seen with a 10x magnification.
Currently a size 5.5, Fox & Bond can resize this ring up to a size 10.
For all Fox & Bond ring resizing, we use a trusted jeweler who is an expert in antique jewelry. Resizing takes approximately 2-3 weeks, and prices vary depending on the metal, complexity, and size needed.
Please note rings that have been resized are not eligible for return or exchange as we believe in preserving each piece's integrity. You may send a ring back to us for resizing at a later date if you would like to keep the option of making a return available to you. Please see our FAQs section for more information.
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request. Please use the “Inquire About This Item” box and let us know what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.