Impeccably sourced, rare vintage jewelry
edwardian old european cut diamond platinum and 18k gold ring
A beautiful Edwardian diamond ring from the early 1900s. It features a bright and beautiful Old European Cut diamond bezel set in platinum at center weighing approximately 0.50 carats. Surrounding the center stone are four additional bezel set Old European Cut diamonds, each approximately 0.10 carats, with sixteen additional diamonds finishing the ring. All set in platinum-topped 18 karat yellow gold, the white metal makes the diamonds appear extra bright. A bi-color ring is great for those wanting their diamonds to pop while still loving the look of yellow gold.
The openness of the ring makes the piece feel light and airy. Delicate millegrain detailing is seen throughout, which was characteristic for the design period. The Edwardians were the first to use platinum in jewelry which allowed for more delicate and precise details.
It looks gorgeous on and is super comfortable with its flat design. We love it as a unique engagement ring or worn as a stunning statement ring.
- Style number: R1159
- Early Edwardian, circa 1905
- Platinum topped 18 karat yellow gold
- 21 diamonds total (5 Old European Cut diamonds, 12 rose cut diamonds, 4 single cut diamonds)
- Total diamond weight approximately 1.05 carats
- Center 0.50 carat Old European Cut diamond with 4 Old European Cut side diamonds each 0.10 carats (approx.)
- Height of front face of ring 0.58", depth of ring as it sits off finger 5.7 mm
- Band width 1 mm
- Size 6.5, Fox & Bond can resize this ring up to a size 10 and down to a size 4
- Great antique condition- wear consistent with age and use
Currently a size 6.5, Fox & Bond can resize this ring up to a size 10 and down to a size 4.
For all Fox & Bond ring resizing, we use a trusted jeweler who is an expert in antique jewelry. Resizing takes approximately 2-3 weeks, and prices vary depending on the metal, complexity, and size needed.
Please note rings that have been resized are not eligible for return or exchange as we believe in preserving each piece's integrity. You may send a ring back to us for resizing at a later date if you would like to keep the option of making a return available to you. Please see our FAQs section for more information.
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request. Please use the “Inquire About This Item” box and let us know what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.