Impeccably sourced, rare vintage jewelry
oscar heyman sapphire, diamond, and platinum buckle ring
Made during the mid 20th century, circa 1950s-1960s, this gorgeous ring is a showstopper. Impressively made in platinum, five calibre cut natural sapphires are set in a line with a "pierced" design that gives the illusion of the stones going through the center. Twelve brilliant cut diamonds, ranging in size from 0.02 carats to 0.04 carats, make up the buckle portion of the design and give the piece a total diamond weight approximately 0.36 carats.
This gorgeous ring is incredibly well made by Oscar Heyman, an American jewelry house based in New York. Known as the Jeweler's Jeweler, the firm was known for their craftsmanship and use of colored gemstones.
- Style Number: R2382
- Vintage, circa 1950s-1960s
- 5 natural sapphires- calibre cut ranging in size from 2.3 x 2.9 mm to 2.5 x 3.8 mm each, approximately 0.90 carats total weight
- 12 round brilliant cut diamonds, ranging in size from 0.02 carats to 0.04 carats each
- Total diamond weight approximately 0.36 carats
- Height of front face of ring 0.40", depth of ring as it sits off finger 0.20",
- Band width tapers from 9.7 mm in front to 2.7 mm in back
- Not signed Oscar Heyman (per usual) but numbered with serial number 37650 and stamped "IRD PLAT"
- Size 5, Fox & Bond offers complimentary resizing of this ring up to a 7 and down to 4.5.
- Great vintage condition- normal wear consistent with age and use
For all Fox & Bond ring resizing, we use a trusted jeweler who is an expert in antique jewelry. Resizing takes approximately 1-3 weeks, and prices vary depending on the metal, complexity, and size needed.
Please note: rings that have been resized are non-returnable as we believe in preserving each piece's integrity. You may send a ring back to us for resizing at a later date if you would like to keep the option of making a return available to you. See our FAQs section for more information.
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request. Use the “Inquire About This Item” box below and let us know what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.