Impeccably sourced, rare vintage jewelry
large opal diamond cluster and enamel 14k gold ring
You'll be mesmerized by this vintage opal and diamond gold cluster ring made during the mid-20th century.
Victorian in style, this 14 karat yellow gold ring features a water opal at the center measuring 15.5mm tall x 11.1mm wide. Surrounding the opal are 16 full cut diamonds, totaling approximately 1.60 carats in diamond weight. Around the exterior is an inlaid rim of navy blue enamel giving the overall look a great contrast.
The semitransparent clear background color of the opal shows great play-of-color in the pink/orange/yellow/and blue spectrum that will keep you gazing into the "crystal ball" of the prong-set opal cabochon.
We never tire of the beauty of opals, and this fantastic cocktail ring is no exception.
- Style number: R942
- Vintage, circa 1940s-1950s
- 14k yellow gold and blue enamel
- Opal measures 15.5 mm L x 11.1 mm W (approx)
- 16 Old European Cut diamonds, each 0.10 carats (approx)
- Total diamond weight approximately 1.60 carats
- Height of front face of ring 0.93", depth of ring as it sits off finger 0.40" width of entire ring 0.81"
- Band width 2.4 mm
- Size 6.5, Fox & Bond can resize this ring up to a size 8.5 and down to a size 6
- Very good vintage condition, wear consistent with age and use. There is some light enamel loss however, we do not feel it detracts from the overall beauty of the piece.
Currently a size 6.5, Fox & Bond can resize this ring up to a size 8.5 and down to a size 6.
For all Fox & Bond ring resizing, we use a trusted jeweler who is an expert in antique jewelry. Resizing takes approximately 2-3 weeks, and prices vary depending on the metal, complexity, and size needed.
Please note rings that have been resized are not eligible for return or exchange as we believe in preserving each piece's integrity. You may send a ring back to us for resizing at a later date if you would like to keep the option of making a return available to you. Please see our FAQs section for more information.
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request. Please use the “Inquire About This Item” box and let us know what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.