Antique jewelry for the modern woman
swiss opal, demantoid garnet, and 18k gold locket
Found as an antique Swiss pocket watch, we knew we had to give this gorgeous piece an update. Now an open back locket, this 18 karat yellow gold piece demands attention.
One side is filled with beautiful opals in a cohesive grid pattern and accented with antique cut demantoid garnets. The color combination is striking with the opals pops of color and the bright, lively demantoids. Surrounding the center is a rim filled with additional opals.
The reverse has a domed plastic back which can be easily removed to hold a photo or small memento, surrounded by an opal filled rim. It finishes on top with one additional opal at top.
Measuring almost 1.5 inches tall, it's a gorgeous size and shape. Wear it with the opals out of for a striking, colorful look or wear it with your favorite photo on display.
- Style number: R1157
- Antique, circa late 1800s-1910s
- 18k yellow gold
- 106 opals ranging in size from 1.25 mm to 3 mm, 27 demantoid garnets 1 mm each (approx)
- Height 1.47" with bale, width 0.97", depth 0.52"
- Swiss hallmarks
- Hangs on a new F&B 16" 14k yellow gold chain
- Great antique condition- wear consistent with age and use. As always with opals, extra care should be used when wearing and storing these pieces. Avoid soaps, lotions, oils, and perfumes when wearing this piece.
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request.
Please use the “Inquire About This Item” box above and let us know what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.