Impeccably sourced, rare vintage jewelry
large sapphire, diamond, silver, and 14k yellow gold cluster ring
A gorgeous vintage sapphire and diamond cluster ring from the mid 20th century. At center is a beautiful sapphire weighing approximately 4.6 carats and prong set in silver-topped 14k yellow gold. Surrounding the sapphire are 15 transitional cut diamonds each measuring approximately 0.08 carats each for a total diamond weight of approximately 1.12 carats. The color of the sapphire is spectacular, a bright and highly desirable hue.
The center cluster is set on a 14 karat yellow gold band with silver oxidation giving it a great bi-color gold look. Engraved detailing finishes the piece beautifully. Measuring a substantial 0.74 inches tall, it's a fantastic ring with a big presence. We love it worn on its own or paired with other favorites. A beautiful heirloom piece, to love forever.
- Style Number: R2497
- Vintage, circa mid-20th century
- 14k yellow gold and silver
- Sapphire- 4.6 carats (12.2 x 9.2 mm) approx., heat treated and fracture filled
- 14 Diamonds- transitional round brilliant cut diamonds, each 0.08 carats approx.
- Total diamond weight approximately 1.12 carats
- Height of front face of ring 0.74", depth of ring as it sits off finger 0.31"
- Cluster measures 18.9 x 16.7 mm
- Band width tapers from 5.7 mm down to 2.1 mm
- Size 8, Fox & Bond offers complimentary resizing of this ring up to a size 9.5 and down to a size 5.5
- Great vintage condition- normal wear consistent with age and use. This large sapphire is believed to be heat-treated, and its feather fracture-filled. According to GIA, approximately 95% of sapphires are heat-treated in some way. The sapphire is stable; however, the stone could alter its appearance if it reacts with extreme temperature changes or is in contact with some oils and chemicals that could seep into the stone. This beautiful ring should be worn with a litle extra TLC, as true with all antique and vintage jewelry.
For all Fox & Bond ring resizing, we use a trusted jeweler who is an expert in antique jewelry. Resizing takes approximately 2-3 weeks from the date of purchase.
Please note rings that have been resized are not eligible for return or exchange as we believe in preserving each piece's integrity. You may send a ring back to us for resizing at a later date if you would like to keep the option of making a return available to you. See our FAQs section for more information.
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request. Use the “Inquire About This Item” box and tell us what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.