Antique jewelry for the modern woman
victorian amethyst and diamond 14k gold ring
A golden Victorian ring with color and sparkle! At the center is a bright old mine cut diamond, approximately 0.40 carats, prong set in 14 karat yellow gold. At the north, south, east, and west points you find prong set, old cut amethysts approximately 3 mm each and round in shape.
The 14K yellow gold band tapers with a decorative relief design adding a lovely, delicate touch.
A super versatile piece, we can see this ring worn on any finger, pinkie to index, by itself or worn with other favorites. And if you were born in February, this is an extra exciting find for an amethyst birthstone.
- Style number: R597
- Victorian, circa 1890s
- 14k yellow gold
- 1 Old Mine Cut diamond, 0.40 carats; 4 amethysts, each 3 mm (approx)
- Height 0.50", width of centerpiece is 0.49", sits off finger 5.44 mm high
- Band tapers from 5.3mm to 2.8 mm
- Size 7, Fox & Bond can resize this ring up to a size 9 and down to a size 5
- Very good antique condition- wear consistent with age and use. One of the amethysts is slightly chipped and there is a small chip on the girdle of the diamond visible with a 10x loupe; however, the ring is in great shape for its age and we do not feel it detracts from the overall beauty or durability of the piece.
Currently a size 7, Fox and Bond can resize this ring up to a size 9 and down to a size 5.5.
For all Fox & Bond ring resizing, we use a trusted jeweler who is an expert in antique jewelry. Resizing takes approximately 2-3 weeks, and prices vary depending on the metal, complexity, and size needed.
Please note rings that have been resized are not eligible for return or exchange as we believe in preserving each piece's integrity. You may send a ring back to us for resizing at a later date if you would like to keep the option of making a return available to you. Please see our FAQs section for more information.
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request. Please use the “Inquire About This Item” box and let us know what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.