Antique jewelry for the modern world
english edwardian sapphire, opal, and 15k gold starburst ring
A beautiful antique English starburst ring made from warm 15 karat yellow gold. At the center is a bright blue old cut faceted sapphire set within hand engraved star cut settings. In stepped settings on either side are two opals with lovely play-of-color. The stone combination is fantastic and gives the ring an incredible pop.
Complete with English hallmarks stating it was made in Birmingham in 1902, it's amazing how it feels fresh and modern for today. We love it worn alone or styled with your favorites.
- Style Number: R3374
- Antique, Edwardian circa 1902 with opals added at later date
- 15k yellow gold
- Sapphire, 2.25 mm round
- 4 opals range from 1.9 mm to 2.2 mm each
- Height of front face of ring 0.25", depth of ring as it sits off finger 2 mm
- Band width tapers from 3.8 mm down to 2.4 mm
- English hallmarks, Birmingham 1902, maker's mark "B&H"
- Size 6.25, Fox & Bond can resize this ring up to a size 10 and down to a size 5
- Great antique condition- normal wear consistent with age and use. As always with soft stones, extra care should be shown when wearing and storing. Opals should avoid oils, sprays, perfumes, etc.
For all Fox & Bond ring resizing, we use a trusted jeweler who is an expert in antique jewelry. Resizing takes approximately 2-3 weeks from the date of purchase. This ring includes its original hallmarks, which may be affected during resizing; however, we do our best to keep any marks intact whenever possible.
Please note rings that have been resized are not eligible for return or exchange as we believe in preserving each piece's integrity. You may send a ring back to us for resizing at a later date if you would like to keep the option of making a return available to you. See our FAQs section for more information.
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request. Use the “Inquire About This Item” box and tell us what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.