Impeccably sourced, rare vintage jewelry
edwardian sapphire, diamond, and platinum-topped 18k gold ring
A striking ring made during the Edwardian era, circa 1905. Done in platinum-topped 18 karat yellow gold, a dark blue sapphire sits at center. Weighing approximately 1 carat, it's bezel set with lovely millegrain finishing. Seen around the stone are two rows of diamonds set with 42 diamonds, 40 small Old Mine cuts and 2 rose cuts. Working down the band are an additional 7 rose cut diamonds on each side in period perfect detailing. The total diamond weight of approximately 0.65 carats along with the additional rose cuts give the ring great antique sparkle.
The center sapphire makes it pop with color. It looks amazing on the hand with its substantial shape and size. We love it on its own or paired with other favorite pieces. It would make a fantastic engagement ring for someone looking for a unique and colorful piece.
- Style Number: R3424
- Antique, Edwardian circa 1905
- Platinum topped 18k yellow gold
- Sapphire 8 x 6 mm, 1 carat (approx.)
- 56 diamonds- 40 Old Mine Cut diamonds each 0.01 carat and 16 rose cuts ranging from 0.75 mm to 1.75 mm each
- Total diamond weight approximately 0.65 carats plus rose cuts
- Height of front face of ring 0.59", width across center 0.53", depth of ring as it sits off finger 5.6 mm
- Band width tapers from 5.75 mm down to 1.75 mm
- Size 5.5, Fox & Bond offers complimentary resizing of this ring up to a size 10 and down to a size 4.5
- Great antique condition- normal wear consistent with age and use
For all Fox & Bond ring resizing, we use a trusted jeweler who is an expert in antique jewelry. Resizing takes approximately 2-3 weeks from the date of purchase.
Please note rings that have been resized are not eligible for return or exchange as we believe in preserving each piece's integrity. You may send a ring back to us for resizing at a later date if you would like to keep the option of making a return available to you. See our FAQs section for more information.
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request. Use the “Inquire About This Item” box and tell us what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.