Impeccably sourced, rare vintage jewelry
diamond, sapphire, 14k gold 3-stone ring
A classic three-stone ring made from rich 14 karat yellow gold. Designed in band style, a 0.50 carat Old European Cut diamond sits at center. On either side is a blue synthetic sapphire giving the piece a great pop of color. The backs of the settings are open allowing light to pour through giving the stones sparkle. Synthetic stones were often used during the mid 20th century, which is when this piece dates from, circa 1940s-1950s.
The stone combination set against the warm yellow gold gives the piece a chic and classic look. The stones are set flush against the setting for a close fitting, comfortable feel. We love it worn alone or stacked up along with your favorites.
The symbolism of the ring is classically romantic, the three stones representing you, me, and us.
- Style Number: R2440
- Vintage, circa 1940s-1950s
- 14k yellow gold
- 2 synthetic sapphires, old round cut, approx. 4 mm and 3.8 mm
- 1 Old European Cut diamond, 0.50 carats F-G in color, VS in clarity (approx.)
- Height of front face of ring 0.30", depth of ring as it sits off finger 0.15"
- Band width tapers from 7.6 mm in front to 2.8 mm in back
- Marked "14K" with hand engraved "8935 xxx"
- Size 10, Fox & Bond can resize this ring down to a size 8
- Great vintage condition- normal wear consistent with age and use. Under 10x magnification with loupe, sapphires show some chips and abrasion. Some porosity at the back of the inside band is likely from resizing at an earlier date.
For all Fox & Bond ring resizing, we use a trusted jeweler who is an expert in antique jewelry. Resizing takes approximately 2-3 weeks, and prices vary depending on the metal, complexity, and size needed.
Please note rings that have been resized are not eligible for return or exchange as we believe in preserving each piece's integrity. You may send a ring back to us for resizing later if you would like to keep the option of making a return available to you. See our FAQs section for more information.
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request. Use the “Inquire About This Item” box and tell us what you want to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.