Impeccably sourced, rare vintage jewelry
brutalist opal and diamond 18k gold ring
A Brutalist designed vintage ring from the mid 20th century. Made from heavily textured 18 karat yellow gold, it looks like a piece of architectural sculpture. Bezel set at front is a boulder opal with tons of play-of-color. Seen askew at top and bottom are three diamonds, each approximately 0.02 carats, prong set in platinum.
A unique ring, it's a super special find. The bright colors of the opal add an unexpected element against the textured gold. Fitting like a band, it sits close to the finger. It looks great on it's own or worn with other favorites.
- Style Number: R1931
- Vintage, circa 1960s-1970s
- 18k yellow gold and platinum
- Boulder opal- 14.4 mm L x 7.6 mm W
- 6 diamonds- round brilliant cut, each about 0.02 carats
- Total diamond weight approximately 0.12 carats
- Height of front face of ring 0.65", depth of ring as it sits off finger 0.20"
- Band width tapers from 13.7 mm at front to 5 mm in back
- Marked "K18 Pt900" and maker's mark
- Size 6.75, Fox & Bond can resize this ring up to a size 10 and down to a size 6
- Great vintage condition- opal shows signs of wear consistent with age and use.
Currently a size 6.75, Fox & Bond can resize this ring up to a size 10 and down to a size 6.
For all Fox & Bond ring resizing, we use a trusted jeweler who is an expert in antique jewelry. Resizing takes approximately 2-3 weeks, and prices vary depending on the metal, complexity, and size needed.
Please note rings that have been resized are not eligible for return or exchange as we believe in preserving each piece's integrity. You may send a ring back to us for resizing at a later date if you would like to keep the option of making a return available to you. Please see our FAQs section for more information.
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request. Please use the “Inquire About This Item” box and let us know what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.