Antique jewelry for the modern world
art nouveau aquamarine, pearl, diamond, and enamel 14k gold necklace
A beautiful piece of antique jewelry in incredible condition. Made during the Art Nouveau era of design, it's a fantastic example of the period. Done in rich 14k karat yellow gold, lush chain is anchored by a festooned front section. Naturalistic in form, curved lines are accented with beautifully done ombré enamel moving from light turquoise to creamy yellow.
Set at center is a bezel set oval aquamarine with a prong set diamond above it. Along with the stones are six small creamy pearls. It finishes with an independently hanging aquamarine giving the necklace movement. The rich yellow gold has a beautiful patina which shows its 100+ years in the best way possible.
Art Nouveau was a brief but important period of design at the end of the 19th century, circa 1895-1905. Characteristic for its depiction of natural elements, particularly flora and fauna. This necklace is a fantastic example of the art form.
At 15 inches in total length it sits high on the chest. It's a beautiful piece that looks amazing on the wearer.
- Style Number: R2358
- Antique, Art Nouveau circa early 1900s
- 14k yellow gold and enamel
- Aquamarines- 1 oval-shaped 5.8 mm W x 7.9 mm L and 1 pear-shaped 4.4 mm W x 8.2 mm L (approx.)
- 1 Old European Cut diamond, 0.05 carats (approx.)
- Seed pearls- 6 ranging in size from 2.8 mm to 3.6 mm each
- Length 15", depth 0.19"
- Pendant measures 1.56" L x 0.67" H, height including drop 1.39" H
- Great antique condition- wear consistent with age and use
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request.
Please use the “Inquire About This Item” box above and let us know what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.