Antique jewelry for the modern woman
art deco old mine cut diamond, onyx, and platinum ring
A super chic diamond and onyx ring, perfect for a lover of the Art Deco movement. Made circa 1920s-1930s, it features a gorgeous antique Old Mine cut diamond that predates with setting. The beautiful, chunky cut stone weighs approximately 0.80 carats. Old Mine cut diamonds are our favorite, they sparkle and move light unlike any other. Surrounding the center diamond are twenty rose cuts diamonds accenting the piece. The ring finishes with four carved onyx pieces.
Made in platinum, this incredible ring is quintessentially Art Deco with its geometric shape and onyx and diamond combination. This chic piece would make a fantastic engagement ring, and is a classic for generations to come.
- Style Number: R2291
- Antique, circa 1920s-1930s
- 1 Old Mine Cut diamond 0.80 carats, H-I-J in color and SI2 in clarity (approx.)
- 20 rose cut diamonds ranging in size from 1 mm to 2.5 mm each and 4 pieces of calibre-cut onyx
- Height of front face of ring 0.42", depth of ring as it sits off finger 0.23", width across front of the ring 0.47"
- Band width 1.5 mm
- Size 4.5, Fox & Bond can resize this ring up to a size 6 and down to a size 4
- Very good antique condition- wear consistent with age and use. Two pieces of onyx have small chips and all show signs of wear under magnification. The center Old Mine Cut diamond has a big culet and irregular diamond girdle. Using 10x magnification, a small black inclusion can be seen under the diamond's table but not with the naked eye.
Currently a size 4.5, Fox & Bond can resize this ring up to a size 6 and down to a size 4.
For all Fox & Bond ring resizing, we use a trusted jeweler who is an expert in antique jewelry. Resizing takes approximately 2-3 weeks, and prices vary depending on the metal, complexity, and size needed.
Please note rings that have been resized are not eligible for return or exchange as we believe in preserving each piece's integrity. You may send a ring back to us for resizing at a later date if you would like to keep the option of making a return available to you. Please see our FAQs section for more information.
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request. Please use the “Inquire About This Item” box and let us know what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.