Antique jewelry for the modern world
art deco black opal and diamond 18k gold ring
A gorgeous opal and diamond ring from the Art Deco era. A flat cut oval measures 15.2 mm x 9.9 mm and sits at center. Surrounding the bezel set stone are 26 vintage single cut diamonds for a total diamond weight of approximately 0.65 carats.
The black opal is filled with play-of-color, primarily blue with flashes of green, pink, orange, and yellow. Made in 18k white gold, period perfect Art Deco engraving is seen down the band.
We never tire of the beauty of opals, and this fantastic vintage ring is no exception. Measuring 0.84" tall, it's a great shape and size. Wear it on its own as a statement ring or pair it with your favorite pieces.
As always with opals, extra care should be shown when wearing this piece.
- Style Number: R3004
- Vintage, Art Deco circa 1930s-1940s
- 18k white gold
- Black opal- 15.2 mm x 9.9 mm
- 26 vintage single cut diamonds, each 1.8 mm (approx.)
- Total diamond weight approximately 0.65 carats
- Height of front face of ring 0.84", depth of ring as it sits off finger 0.23", width of the cluster 0.63"
- Band width tapers from 2 mm to 1.3 mm
- Size 8, Fox & Bond cannot resize this ring due to its construction
- Great vintage condition- normal wear consistent with age and use. Opal show some wear at back with crazing and non-surface reaching cracks, however, it does not detract from the beauty of the piece.
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request.
Please use the “Inquire About This Item” box and let us know what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.