Impeccably sourced, rare vintage jewelry
art deco black opal and diamond 18k gold ring
A gorgeous opal and diamond ring from the Art Deco era. A flat cut oval measures 15.2 mm x 9.9 mm and sits at center. Surrounding the bezel set stone are 26 vintage single cut diamonds for a total diamond weight of approximately 0.65 carats.
The black opal is filled with play-of-color, primarily blue with flashes of green, pink, orange, and yellow. Made in 18k white gold, period perfect Art Deco engraving is seen down the band.
We never tire of the beauty of opals, and this fantastic vintage ring is no exception. Measuring 0.84" tall, it's a great shape and size. Wear it on its own as a statement ring or pair it with your favorite pieces.
As always with opals, extra care should be shown when wearing this piece.
- Style Number: R3004
- Vintage, Art Deco circa 1930s-1940s
- 18k white gold
- Black opal- 15.2 mm x 9.9 mm
- 26 vintage single cut diamonds, each 1.8 mm (approx.)
- Total diamond weight approximately 0.65 carats
- Height of front face of ring 0.84", depth of ring as it sits off finger 0.23", width of the cluster 0.63"
- Band width tapers from 2 mm to 1.3 mm
- Size 8, Fox & Bond can resize this ring up to a size 9 and down to a size 5.5
- Great vintage condition- normal wear consistent with age and use. Opal show some wear at back with crazing and non-surface reaching cracks, however, it does not detract from the beauty of the piece.
For all Fox & Bond ring resizing, we use a trusted jeweler who is an expert in antique jewelry. Resizing takes approximately 2-3 weeks, and prices vary depending on the metal, complexity, and size needed.
Please note rings that have been resized are not eligible for return or exchange as we believe in preserving each piece's integrity. You may send a ring back to us for resizing at a later date if you would like to keep the option of making a return available to you. See our FAQs section for more information.
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request. Use the “Inquire About This Item” box and let us know what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.