Impeccably sourced, rare vintage jewelry
1950s large opal and diamond cluster ring in platinum and 14k gold
A gorgeous vintage opal and diamond gold cluster ring from the 1950s. At center is a colorful opal that weighs approximately 5.54 carats and is prong set in platinum. It is semitransparent and shows great play-of-color flashes in the blue/green/yellow spectrum with hints of pink and orange. Surrounding the opal are 16 transitional cut diamonds each measuring approximately 0.18 carats for a total diamond weight of approximately 2.88 carats of vintage bling.
The center cluster is set on a 14 karat yellow gold band giving it a great bi-color gold look. The opal is magnificent with tons of color flashes. Measuring a substantial 0.94 inches tall, it's a fantastic piece with a big presence. We love it worn on its own or paired with other favorites.
- Style Number: R2446
- Vintage, circa 1950s
- Platinum and 14k yellow gold
- Opal- 5.54 carats (approx.), 17 mm x 12.5 mm
- 16 diamonds- round transitional cut diamonds each 0.18 carats (approx.)
- Total diamond weight approximately 2.88 carats
- Height of front face of ring 0.94", depth of ring as it sits off finger 0.43", width across opal and diamond cluster 0.83"
- Band width tapers from 2.4 mm down to 2 mm
- Partial marks
- Size 9, Fox & Bond offers complimentary resizing of this ring down to a 7
- Great vintage condition- normal wear consistent with age and use. As always with soft stones, this piece should avoid fragrances, sprays, oils, liquids, etc.
Fox & Bond offers complimentary resizing of this ring down to a 7. For all Fox & Bond ring resizing, we use a trusted jeweler who is an expert in antique jewelry. Resizing takes approximately 2-3 weeks from the date of purchase.
Please note rings that have been resized are not eligible for return or exchange as we believe in preserving each piece's integrity. You may send a ring back to us for resizing at a later date if you would like to keep the option of making a return available to you. Please see our FAQs section for more information.
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request. Please use the “Inquire About This Item” box and let us know what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.