Impeccably sourced, rare vintage jewelry
victorian ruby cabochon, diamond, and 14k gold ring
A beautiful antique diamond ring from the Victorian era, centering around a glowing ruby cabochon. The high polish finish of the cabochon makes the stone feel like a piece of candy.
The setting is open in the back allowing light to pour through, making the stone pop. Surrounding the juicy ruby are twelve rose cut diamonds ranging in size from 2 mm to 2.5 mm. The center cluster is made from 14k yellow gold topped silver and set on a 14k yellow gold band.
Measuring 0.58 inches tall, it's a great size and shape, not too big or too small. It would make a lovely engagement ring, but it's unique look and style make it perfect for any occasion.
- Style Number: R2489
- Antique, Victorian circa 1880s
- 14 karat yellow gold and silver
- Ruby cabochon, approx. 6.5 x 5.5 mm
- 12 rose cut diamonds ranging in size from 2 mm to 2.5 mm
- Height of front face of ring 0.58", depth of ring as it sits off finger 0.25", width of center cluster 0.39"
- Band width tapers from 3.4 mm down to 1.4 mm
- Size 4.75, Fox & Bond can resize this ring up to a size 10 and down to a size 4
- Great antique condition- normal wear consistent with age and use. Under 10x magnification, ruby shows light abrasion and 2 small chips on the girdle. Evidence of previous resizing.
For all Fox & Bond ring resizing, we use a trusted jeweler who is an expert in antique jewelry. Resizing takes approximately 2-3 weeks, and prices vary depending on the metal, complexity, and size needed.
Please note rings that have been resized are not eligible for return or exchange as we believe in preserving each piece's integrity. You may send a ring back to us for resizing at a later date if you would like to keep the option of making a return available to you. See our FAQs section for more information.
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request. Use the “Inquire About This Item” box and tell us what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.