Antique jewelry for the modern world
victorian rock crystal and scarab pendant 18k gold necklace
A beautiful pendant from the Victorian era, circa 1870s-1890s. Two special elements come together in the piece and make it glow.
At center is a scarab beetle with tons of iridescence and pops of color that change in different light. It's hand set perfectly in luscious 18 karat yellow gold with thin added legs, then set on a perfectly smooth oval piece of clear rock crystal. Pebble like in shape and form, when not wearing it, you'll want to hold it in your hand. The pendant is finished on top with an 18 karat gold cup and hangs on a 16 inch 14 karat yellow gold link chain.
Incredibly striking, you'll wear this exceptional necklace for years to come.
- Style number: R2244
- Victorian, circa 1870s-1890s
- 18 karat yellow gold pendant, 14 karat yellow gold chain
- Height with bale 1.76", width 1.08", depth 0.68"
- Hangs on an 16" F&B 14k gold chain
- Excellent antique condition, consistent with age and wear. As the beetle is made of organic matter, it should be worn with care avoiding perfumes and lotions, and should not be worn in water.
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request. Please use the “Inquire About This Item” box above and let us know what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.