Antique jewelry for the modern world
victorian garnet, emerald, and 18k gold snake bracelet
An antique Victorian snake bracelet made in rich yellow gold. The bracelets 18k gold band is fully articulated and wraps perfectly around the wrist. A hidden clasp at the end of snake tail fits into the side of the snake head which is beautifully hand engraved with scrolling details. Made in 14k gold, the snakes face is realistic with its mouth and teeth.
A juicy cabochon garnet is bezel set on the snake's head with two small emeralds set as the snakes eyes.
Snakes are a symbol of eternity and were very a popular Victorian motif, which is perfectly in step with the era, circa 1840s-1870s. A chic antique bracelet, this is the kind of piece you'll never want to take off. In amazing condition for it's age, you won't believe how contemporary it feels for being 150+ years old.
- Style Number: R2326
- Victorian, circa 1840s-1870s
- 18k and 14k yellow gold
- Garnet pear shaped cabochon, 9.5 mm x 7.3 mm at widest
- 2 cushion shaped old cut emeralds, 2 mm x 1.3 mm (approx.)
- Length of the bracelet when open 8", chain portion measures 7" long, width of chain 0.26"-0.13"
- Snake's head measures 1.18" long, width at widest point 0.42", depth 0.46"
- Great antique condition- wear consistent with age and use
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request.
Please use the “Inquire About This Item” box above and let us know what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.