Antique jewelry for the modern world
victorian french diamond star fringe necklace with enamel and 18k gold
An incredibly impressive antique fringe necklace made in France during the late 1800s. Constructed from rich 18k yellow gold, garlands of roped gold are draped throughout in different tiers. Hanging from individual festoons, six pointed starbursts are set with 23 Old Mine Cut diamonds. The antique cut stones ranging in size from 0.06 carats to 0.25 carats giving the piece a total diamond weight of approximately 2.31 carats. Accented with black enamel, the whole piece is Victorian era perfection.
Antique bib necklaces like this are rarely seen intact. It's common for them to have been taken apart over the years with the diamonds used for other projects. The condition is great with just minor enamel loss. Complete with French hallmarks, it's expertly hand crafted. It moves with the wearer, but while stationary sits beautifully on the chest.
An incredible piece, it's a true show stopping heirloom.
- Style Number: R2404
- Antique, circa 1880s-1900
- 18k yellow gold and enamel
- Old Mine Cut diamonds- 24 ranging in size from 0.06-0.25 carats (approx.)
- Total diamond weight approximately 2.31 carats
- Total length 16" when closed, 16.5" open with clasp
- Width at widest front hanging 2.74" and shortest 1" of top enamel fringe piece with no star
- Gold rope chain 1.6 mm
- Marked with French double eagles head marks
- Great antique condition- minor enamel loss consistent with age and wear
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request.
Please use the “Inquire About This Item” box above and let us know what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.