Antique jewelry for the modern world
victorian coral, emerald, and enamel 18k gold locket
An incredible piece of jewelry, this impressive locket will stop you in your tracks. Made during the mid to late Victorian era, the color combination is breathtaking. Done in rich 18 karat yellow gold, a raised plaque at center is the focal point of the piece. A sugarloaf coral cabochon is surrounded by a frame of four calibré-cut coral pieces. Beneath are four sections of white enamel with an open inlay design that allows the warm gold to show through. Four deeply colored emeralds are seen in each corner finishing the design and giving it an amazing pop of color. The rich yellow gold has a beautiful patina which shows its age in the best way possible.
It hangs from a 16.5 inch vintage 14k yellow gold chain, hitting at the chest and close to the heart.
A phenomenal piece of jewelry.
- Style Number: R1779
- Antique, circa mid to late Victorian era
- 18k yellow gold locket with white enamel, 14k yellow gold chain
- 5 coral pieces, calibre-cut, center- 6.5 mm x 7.5 mm, 2 pieces each 15 mm x 2.8 mm, 2 pieces 14.5 mm x 3.1 mm (approx.)
- 4 emeralds, each 3.5 mm square (approx.)
- Height 2.10", height without bale 1.60", width 1.34", depth 0.70"
- Holds 2 photos- each 1.35" x 1.05"
- Chain length 16.5", width 2.3 mm
- Great antique condition- wear consistent with age and use
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request.
Please use the “Inquire About This Item” box above and let us know what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.