Antique jewelry for the modern woman
transitional round brilliant diamond and platinum engagement ring
A beautiful diamond solitaire ring made circa 1940s-1950s, with a gorgeous center stone. It features an amazing vintage transitional round brilliant cut diamond weighing 0.85 carats, H-I in color, and SI in clarity and set within four squared fishtail platinum prongs making the diamond appear even whiter than its stated color. The back is open allowing the light to flow through the diamond creating amazing sparkle and shine. Completing the ring are twelve vintage single cut diamonds, six on each side, within a lovely decorative pattern. The ring finishes with a knifes-edge band, a common look for the period.
The platinum setting gives the ring a gorgeous, bright feel. This timeless solitaire diamond ring is a steadfast favorite and would make a fantastic engagement ring. The vintage diamond is the perfect choice for those who love a classic look.
- Style number: R1289
- Vintage, circa late 1940s- 1950s
- 0.85 carat transitional round brilliant cut diamond, H-I in color, SI1 in clarity (per EGL certificate)
- 12 single cut diamond accent stones, G-H in color, VS-SI in clarity, total 0.25 carats
- Total diamond weight approximately 1.10 carats
- Height of front face of ring 0.25", depth of ring as it sits off finger 0.29"
- Band width tapers from 2.2 mm to 1.9 mm
- Size 7.25, Fox & Bond offers complimentary resizing of this ring up to a size 10 and down to a size 5
- Great vintage condition- wear consistent with age and use
Currently a size 7.25, Fox & Bond offers complimentary resizing of this ring up to a size 10 and down to a size 5.
For all Fox & Bond ring resizing, we use a trusted jeweler who is an expert in antique jewelry. Resizing takes approximately 2-3 weeks, and prices vary depending on the metal, complexity, and size needed.
Please note rings that have been resized are not eligible for return or exchange as we believe in preserving each piece's integrity. You may send a ring back to us for resizing at a later date if you would like to keep the option of making a return available to you. Please see our FAQs section for more information.
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request. Please use the “Inquire About This Item” box and let us know what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.