Antique jewelry for the modern world
english diamond, emerald, sapphire, ruby and 18k gold snake ring
A gorgeous snake ring filled with colorful gemstones. Made from rich 18 karat yellow gold, three snakes are are intertwined at center. Each has a large stone set in its head, a ruby, sapphire, and emerald, accented with 35 round brilliant cut diamonds giving the ring a total diamond weight of approximately 0.93 carats.
Complete with English hallmarks, it's a stunning ring. Substantial in size and presence, it measures 0.66 inches tall at center.
Snakes have a long and rich history in jewelry dating back to Ancient Greece and Rome, where snakes symbolized wisdom. The Victorians often used snakes to symbolize everlasting love, with a coiled snake in particular representing eternity.
- Style Number: R1932
- Vintage, 1984 London
- 18k yellow gold
- Emerald- oval cut 5.6 mm L x 4 mm W, approx. 0.25 carats
- Sapphire- oval cut 5.2 mm L x 4.5 mm W, approx. 0.33 carats
- Ruby- oval cut 4.9 mm L x 4.3 mm W, approx. 0.31 carats
- 35 round brilliant cut diamonds ranging from 0.01 carats to 0.03 carats each
- Total diamond weight approximately 0.93 carats
- Height of front face of ring 0.66", depth of ring as it sits off finger 0.29"
- Band width tapers from 7mm in front to 5 mm in back
- Marked with English hallmarks from London 1984 and numbered
- Size 8, Fox & Bond offers complimentary resizing of this ring up to a size 10 and down to a size 7
- Great vintage condition- normal wear consistent with age and use
Currently a size 8, Fox & Bond offers complimentary resizing of this ring up to a size 10 and down to a size 7.
This ring includes its original hallmarks, which may be affected during resizing; however, we do our best to keep any marks intact whenever possible.
For all Fox & Bond ring resizing, we use a trusted jeweler who is an expert in antique jewelry. Resizing takes approximately 2-3 weeks, and prices vary depending on the metal, complexity, and size needed.
Please note rings that have been resized are not eligible for return or exchange as we believe in preserving each piece's integrity. You may send a ring back to us for resizing at a later date if you would like to keep the option of making a return available to you. Please see our FAQs section for more information.
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request. Please use the “Inquire About This Item” box and let us know what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.