Antique jewelry for the modern woman
envelope and love letter 18k gold and sapphire necklace
An exceptional and romantic piece, this vintage necklace is a treasured find. Made in the form of a classic envelope shape from lush 18 karat yellow gold. The front hinges open to reveal a removable love letter. In the interior base of the envelope a little spring helps the letter pop up when opened. Hand engraved the letter reads "To June, All my love, always Howard". The exterior of the envelope has a textured finish and the envelope seal ends with a bezel set sapphire cabochon measuring approximately 2.75 mm.
It hangs on a contemporary 18 inch 14k gold chain with flat links that add sparkle and moves with the wearer.
This incredibly romantic piece is a love letter for the ages. Wear it on its own or pair with other favorite necklaces.
- Style number: R1241
- Vintage, circa 1930s-1960s
- 18 karat yellow gold
- 1 sapphire 2.75 mm (approx)
- Length 1.47" and 1.24" without bail, width 0.63", depth of envelope 0.22"
- Letter dimensions 1.05" x 0.51" x 0.5 mm in depth
- Marked "B.S.G 18K Made in Italy"
- Letter hand engraved on one side with " To June, All my love, always Howard"
- Other side of letter is plain gold and can be engraved for an additional fee. Contact us for more info.
- Great vintage condition- wear consistent with age and use
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request.
Please use the “Inquire About This Item” box and let us know what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.