Antique jewelry for the modern woman
swedish sapphire and diamond pave 18k gold ring
A super chic piece, this 18 karat gold vintage ring has a fabulous sculptural design.
Made in Sweden in 1955, the angular shape centers around a cushion cut sapphire weighing 0.70 carats. Bezel set, the sapphire is a gorgeous deep blue. Surrounding the stone are 18 Old Mine Cut diamonds ranging in size from 0.05 to 0.10 carats giving the ring a total diamond weight of approximately 1.31 carats. The soft edges of the stones are set within a rectangular shape giving it great juxtaposition and interesting design.
The top portion is all set in 18k white gold making the diamonds and sapphire appear even brighter and whiter. Under the center portion is constructed from 18 yellow gold with scrolling open work in the gallery. It finishes with a wide band giving it a thick, chunky look.
Period perfect from the 1950s, the 18k yellow and white gold combination gives it a super cool bi-color mixed metal look.
It looks fantastic on and takes up great finger real estate.
- Style Number: R1898
- Vintage, circa 1955 per Swedish hallmarks
- 18k yellow and white gold
- Sapphire- cushion cut 0.70 carats, 5.5 mm L x 4.9 mm W (approx.)
- 18 Old Mine Cut diamonds ranging in size from 0.05 to 0.10 carats (approx.)
- Total diamond weight approximately 1.31 carats
- Height of front face of ring 0.45", depth of ring as it sits off finger 0.27", width of entire ring 0.64"
- Band width tapers from 5.4 mm to 4.5 mm
- Swedish hallmarks, marked 18K, H&A maker's mark
- Size 8, Fox & Bond can resize this ring down to a size 6.5.
- Great vintage condition- normal wear consistent with age and use
Currently a size 8, Fox & Bond can resize this ring down to a size 6.5. This ring includes its original hallmarks, which may be affected during resizing; however, we do our best to keep any marks intact whenever possible.
For all Fox & Bond ring resizing, we use a trusted jeweler who is an expert in antique jewelry. Resizing takes approximately 2-3 weeks, and prices vary depending on the metal, complexity, and size needed.
Please note rings that have been resized are not eligible for return or exchange as we believe in preserving each piece's integrity. You may send a ring back to us for resizing at a later date if you would like to keep the option of making a return available to you. Please see our FAQs section for more information.
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request. Please use the “Inquire About This Item” box and let us know what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.