Antique jewelry for the modern world
retro diamond, synthetic ruby, and 14k gold sputnik suite
A spectacular jewelry suite made during the Retro era. Consisting of a statement pair of earrings and a convertible pendant/brooch, this versatile set is done in the sputnik style of jewelry. Inspired by the space exploration from the 1950s, it's period perfect in style and construction.
The earrings design is made from a hollow dome with fifteen rays coming from the center. Each ray is set with a prong set synthetic ruby measuring approximately 2.5 mm each. Each dome is set with three synthetic rubies and four single cut diamonds all set within raised star settings. The earrings have a total of 36 rubies and 8 single cut diamonds that total 0.05 carats.
The brooch, complete with a pendant hook, can be worn as either type of jewelry. The same design as the earrings is seen, but it's larger in scale. Each ray is prong set with two synthetic rubies ranging in size from 2 mm to 3 mm. The dome is set with six synthetic rubies and seven single cut diamonds all set within raised star settings. It has a total of 44 rubies and 7 single cut diamonds that total 0.13 carats.
A 1950s suite doesn't get more classic than this. The style, stones, and design make it a perfect, versatile set. Wear them together, the earrings alone, or the centerpiece as a necklace or brooch. It's so many different pieces of jewelry in one, you'll wear it in new and exciting ways for years to come.
- Style Number: R1600-E
- Retro, circa 1940s-1950s
- 14k yellow and white gold
- Suite includes a pair of earrings and a convertible brooch/pendant
- 74 rubies and 15 diamonds in total suite
- Total diamond weight approximately 0.18 carats
- Pendant/Brooch: 44 rubies (38 rubies ranging in size from 2 mm to 3 mm and 6 rubies from 1.25 mm to 1.75 mm) and 7 single cut diamonds range in size from 0.01 carat to 0.03 carats each (0.13 carats total diamond weight)
- Earrings: 36 rubies (30 rubies range in size from 2.25 mm to 2.5 mm and 6 rubies from 1.25 mm to 1.75 mm) and 8 single cut diamonds that total 0.05 carats
- Pendant/Brooch: Height 2.10", length 3.10", depth 0.40", depth with pin attachment 0.75"
- Earrings: Height 1.50", length across 1", depth 0.30" without posts and 0.70" with posts
- Marked "14k" on earrings and pin
- Great vintage condition- wear consistent with age and use
- Chain pictured not included with this listing
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request.
Please use the “Inquire About This Item” box above and let us know what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.