Antique jewelry for the modern world
amethyst, diamond, platinum, and 18k rose gold dangle earrings
Made circa 1920s-1940s, these striking dangle earrings feature large, round brilliant cut amethysts, approximately 3.10 carats each, in the most beautiful eye-catching purple hue. Known in the gem industry as "Siberian" amethysts, they denote the richest purple color showing flashes of red and blue. Fitting for their highly prized purple color, the amethysts are set in platinum topped 18 karat rose gold coronet settings that resemble a crown.
Attached to each amethyst are five Old European Cut diamonds in platinum bezel settings hanging vertically in a line above them. At the top of each earring are two brilliant cut diamonds, approximately 0.10 carats each.
The 1.20-inch long dangle earrings feature 0.60 carats in total diamond weight, providing a very nice sparkly addition. We love how the components of these earrings span different eras but fit together so nicely for fresh feel.
- Style Number: R2217
- Vintage, circa 1920s-1940s
- Platinum topped 18k rose gold
- 2 amethysts- approximately 3.10 carats each
- 10 Old European Cut diamonds, each 0.02 carats (approx.) and 2 brilliant cut diamonds, each 0.20 carats (approx.)
- Total diamond weight approximately 0.60
- Height 1.2", width 0.44" at widest, depth 0.35"
- Great vintage condition- wear consistent with age and use
Additional photos of this piece are happily supplied upon request.
Please use the “Inquire About This Item” box above and let us know what you would like to see.
Free insured shipping on all orders to the continental U.S.
International orders to select countries ship for a flat fee.
All packages require a signature upon delivery.
See our Shipping and Delivery Details for more info.